The Home Alone Course with First Aid is specially designed for pre-teens to learn how to stay safe at home alone by themselves and/or with younger or older siblings. It will give these younger children the skills to feel confident and able to take care of themselves while entering their home and staying at home alone.
With over 16 years of teaching in communities all across Ontario, we are the leader in providing the very best in training for staying home alone. The Home Alone Course with First Aid was developed 11 years ago and Seconds Save Lives was the first company to teach this course.
Registration: The Home Alone Course with First Aid is taught all over Ontario, in many different safe venues. We also teach in many schools as part of their school curriculum. If you are interested in hosting your own Home Alone Course with First Aid in your home or at a local venue, please send us an email and we can set something up for you. The child(ren) of the host will receive the course for free!
You can register online. Once registration is completed, a confirmation email with the details about your scheduled course will be sent to you within 24 hours.
The Home Alone Course with First Aid for children Aged 8 – 12
- Simple skills for First Aid: Mannequins, Epi-Pens & Inhalers trainers
- How to handle emergency situations and how/what to tell 911
- How to check for safety & dangers at home and in my community
- What to do if you choke and you are at home alone
- Learn how to deal with choking & breathing emergencies (ABC’s)
- Care for bones, burns, bleeding, poisons, asthma & reactions
- What should you do to stay busy and safe when at home alone
- How to use your house key and entering your home
- How to make a small snack that is safe for you to eat & recipes
- Are you responsible enough to be at home on your own?
- Home alone protocol and safety audit
- Develop a Home Fire Escape Plan & Water safety activities
- What to do about phone calls and if someone comes to the door